Monday, July 18, 2011

Tuna Salad with Cannellini Beans


A friend and I dined at the little neighborhood restaurant called Il Posto last week, and their tuna salad special had cannellini beans included. This, and a 4:30pm hot yoga class, inspired me to use what I had in my kitchen to make my lunch salad both healthy and filling.
I started by using a chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 chopped cucumber and some lettuce. In a separate bowl, I mixed together a packet of Starkist Tuna with about 1/4 can of Cannellini beans, juice from 1 lemon, and some olive oil.



To give the tuna some flavor, I added my all-time favorite spice, Spike, as well as some sea salt.



After I seasoned the tuna salad to my liking, I tossed the lettuce, pepper, and cucumber in a light lemon/olive oil dressing (use favorite salad dressing), and placed the tuna mixture on top. I like to add a few Snap Pea crisps for some extra crunch- and because I'm addicted to them...
Those of you packing for work lunch, make sure you store your tuna mixture in a separate, small container to prevent the lettuce from getting soggy (ew).







No comments:

Post a Comment