Monday, July 18, 2011

Just Getting Started

First things first, I am NOT a chef, cook, culinary expert, or anything else in that category. I don't know how to chop well, and some days I feel like I could burn boiling water. BUT, on other days, I can actually add to and carry out recipes! That said, if you ARE a culinary expert, best you don't follow, I make a lot of mistakes and take a lot of shortcuts...Just do yourself a favor and stop here.
Inspired by Bethenny Frankel's "Naturally Thin" mentality and "using what you have" in the kitchen, I wanted to post some of my "use what you have" adventures. I like to make use of leftovers or vegetables and other ingredients that I may have otherwise thrown away for lack of ideas. I also will "spice up" a recipe by adding a few things that may or may not have been included before. But, as my husband can confirm, I'll throw in extra vegetables wherever I can! Our challenges come in because he's meat and potatoes, and I'm fish and vegetables.
I hope to document the small changes I make whether it's a half and half meal (half healthy, half not so much...), a substitution, or addition of something more nutritious.
This blog is not for the culinary geniuses out there, just for the basic person who enjoys healthy cooking and needs a little inspiration every once in a while! Hope you enjoy!
-Erin

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for starting this! Blogging will bring you so much joy, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I can't wait to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete