Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pizza Night

I love having pizza for dinner because it's a way that we can each customize our own serving to be exactly what we want. I start buy buying the dough from Whole Foods (at the pizza counter, you can ask for enough raw dough for 1 large pizza, cost is only around $3).
We start by rolling the dough out (make sure you put some flour both on your rolling pin and your pizza stone to prevent sticking)

Once we designate the two servings, I bake the crust for around 8-10 minutes in a 400-450 degree oven in order to get the bottom extra crispy. Then, we dress the pizzas the way we prefer. I did mine with a spinach/pesto base, he uses marinara smooth style.

Next, I added left over sauteed vegetables (zucchini, red onion and mushrooms) along with a sprinkle of mozzarella. He added lots of mozzarella and deli sliced pepperoni. We baked them at 400-450 for around 15-20 minutes, or until they were bubbling, and let them cool for a few minutes. While mine was cooling, I added some crumbled goat cheese to the top for some extra flavor. I find another great, low calorie, addition is Jennie-O's lean turkey bacon. At only 20 calories per slice, it adds a lot of flavor and extra protein.

Slice and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment