Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mini Dinner Party: Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Fingerling Potatoes


When I have people over for dinner, I like to choose easy recipes that won't keep me in the kitchen the whole night. For Sunday dinner this week, we had our families over, and I decided to make a mixture of this recipe and this recipe from Bethenny Frankel's "Naturally Thin" cookbook.
In the morning, I took out the chicken breasts, poked holes in them with a fork, and marinated them in 1 container of Fage greek yogurt, Worchestershire, garlic salt, pepper, lemon juice, Tabasco, and Dijon mustart. I refrigerated it all day until around 30 minutes before our company arrived.
Next, I mixed some Sundried Tomato goat cheese (I had lots of tomato-haters so I didn't want to use the actual tomatoes), italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and sliced pockets in the thicker sides of the chicken breasts. I stuffed around a spoonful and a half into each breast, and warmed the pan with olive oil.


I couldn't pass up these fingerling potatoes at the grocery just for their packaging!






I sliced them into around 4 pieces each, sliced an entire red onion, and put them into a casserole dish with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then I covered them with foil and baked at 375 for around 45 minutes while I focused on the chicken.


I placed the chicken into the pan with the warmed olive oil, and cooked it until it was browned on both sides (around 8-10 minutes per side). Then, I placed each piece into a casserole dish, covered it with foil, and turned down the oven so that I could keep them warm with the potatoes.
Next, I deglazed the pan with some white wine (around 1 cup), and scraped all the bits and pieces off the bottom. I added some soy milk (around 1 cup), minced garlic, and salt and pepper, and let it all come to a simmer for a few minutes. It wasn't thick enough for my taste so I added some Cornstarch.

He just wanted to be in a picture...

While my sauce was simmering, I took a minute to admire my table with all my favorite patterns on it.

Everything was warmed at the same time, and served up! Delicious, AND I had time to spend with my guests!
(Salad with caramelized peaches and walnuts)


2 comments: