Sunday, February 12, 2012

Easy Pasta Carbonara

Nothing says "I love you" like bacon and comfort food, right? This Valentine's day, here's an easy dish that won't keep you in the kitchen too long. And if you're feeling really loving, you can replace the turkey bacon with the real deal...
Here's the recipe online, but just for saving you time:
You'll need:
1 package of wheat penne pasta
3/4 c soy milk
2 whole eggs
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp butter
8 slices turkey bacon (cooked until crunchy, then chopped)
red pepper flakes
sprinkle of Pizza/Pasta Magic by Paul Prudhomme (if you have it, otherwise, add some Italian spices)

First, cook the bacon and the pasta.

Next, whisk together all ingredients except the turkey bacon in a large bowl

As soon as the pasta is done, drain it, and immediately place it back into the pot, adding the Parmesan mixture and the chopped turkey (or real) bacon. The heat from the cooked pasta will cook the eggs, but I'm neurotic, so I heated it in the pot again for a couple of minutes (just make sure to stir it).

My husband ate his the way it was, but I had some leftover baked red pepper and zucchini slices that I needed to use so I just added them on top. Feel free to add whatever other vegetables you like, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, real tomatoes...This dish will lend its flavor to a lot.

For Valentine's Day, we are cooking in. I haven't decided on my menu yet, but I know that this Double-Chocolate Pudding will be the definite dessert!



No comments:

Post a Comment