Sunday, October 16, 2011

Burritos

This was a very non-inspirational cooking week for me, I tried my best to empty out my refrigerator and not go to the grocery unless there was a dire need. So I searched the Spark People website for a healthy, easy recipe and found this one for some low calorie burritos.

You'll need:
Ground beef (I used 90/10 ground sirloin)
Red bell pepper (chopped)- recipe calls for 1/2, I used 1 whole
1/2 onion chopped
Garlic
Jalapeno pepper (if you have it, I didn't...)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1 can of Rotel (spicy or medium)
Your favorite tortillas

Literally, this is so easy it feels like I didn't even cook.
Brown the meat, add the chopped vegetables. (The recipe calls for adding 1 cup of water, I didn't, because there was enough water from the vegetables)
I added some Rotel for a little extra kick.


Cook on medium heat until your vegetables are soft, then serve into your pre-warmed tortillas.
I had some leftover veggies in the fridge, so I made a little salsa with Rotel, corn, white beans, and chopped red onion. I added a little lemon juice, agave syrup, and white vinegar (since I was out of lettuce, this counted as my salad).

Top your burrito with whatever you prefer. I've used Fage greek yogurt with a little lemon juice as a stand-in for sour cream, also some Mexican cheese or salsa!



1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I've never tried with chili powder. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete